Web-Related New Year Resolution Ideas
I’ve been thinking long and hard about what New Year’s resolutions I need to make for my business. Here are a few things that you can do with your online services to support your marketing throughout the year:
1. Keep up with your blogging. There’s nothing worse than a blog that hasn’t been posted to for months. Blogging often will help to build your online profile. I aim to write at least 2 blog posts a month, but you should choose a frequency that fits you and that you can realistically stick to.
2. Swap links with some partnering companies in order to get a few more visitors and boost your SEO. Guest blogging is a great way to do this as you can ensure that your inbound link is coming from relevant content.
3. Install some web statistics software on your website. Start collecting data now so that you can analyse it later in the year.
4. Start capturing newsletter signups. Perhaps you plan to send out email newsletters later in the year. Now is the time to start building your database of contacts.
5. Social networking: Tweet more regularly, contribute to discussions and tie your website in by adding a Twitter feed onto it.
6. Ask some of your top customers from the past year to write you a testimonial. You can then publish these on your website or your social media profiles. If you’ve had excellent service from somebody in the last year, send them a testimonial that they can use on their website.
7. Start to plan your offline marketing, but don’t forget to supplement it with optimised landing pages on your website. This will allow you to generate and capture leads, then measure the success of your efforts.
I hope these give you some great ideas to help you get the best out of your web services. Best of luck with your resolutions and Happy New Year!